Hospitalist Jobs in Connecticut
Tuesday · May 22, 2018
1 Job in The Constitution State
Photo: View of homes along the coastline of Westport Connecticut.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Danbury) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Have successfully completed an Internal Medicine.
- MD or DO with CT State and Federal Narcotic Use Registration.
- Preferred: Prior experience as a staff physician or Hospitalist but new Residents are encouraged.
- Our Western Connecticut Health Network Department of Research and Innovation, focused on the field of molecular science and personalized medicine, ranks among our country's leading research organizations.
- About Us.
- The ideal candidate will be board certified/eligible in Internal Medicine.
- Our Network offers many opportunities to grow your own skills and expertise - we offer competitive pay.
- At Western Connecticut Medical Group, our priorities are to provide patients with personalized and attentive care, help patients manage chronic medical problems, and enable our patients to get and stay as healthy as possible.
- Established in 1885, Danbury Hospital is a not-for-profit community hospital providing Greater Danbury area resident's convenient access to exceptional care.
- Danbury Hospital is part of Western Connecticut Health Network, which also includes New Milford and Norwalk Hospitals as well as over 70 outpatient practice locations.
- As a teaching hospital, we are associated with the University of Vermont College of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, Ross University School of Medicine and American University of the Caribbean.
- Typically cover about 8-9 Admissions with some teaching teams at Danbury Hospital with PA support.
- Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers.
- Willingness to work primarily at Danbury Hospital with some shifts at New Milford Hospital.
- Boston, New York City, New Haven and Hartford are easily accessible via train, car, or bus.
- This is a brand new opening.
- Work for Us.
- Home to Western Connecticut State University, Danbury has abundant local historical, cultural, educational, and recreational attractions.
- Working for Western Connecticut Health Network (Wchn), comprised of Danbury Hospital.
- Flexible and variable 12 hour shifts 8 PM - 8 AM including about 2 weekends per month for a total of about 15 shifts per month.
- And Western Connecticut Home Care, you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of other people.
- Typical schedule is flexible for around 3-5 shifts on/off.
- Residents and Pas cover Fast Term codes.
- Our Medical Group includes 400+ physicians and 140+ advanced practice providers, serving a geographically broad region throughout Western Connecticut and eastern New York.
- This philosophy calls for equal opportunities for employment, training, and advancement regardless of sex, race, creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.
- As part of the greater NY metropolitan area, the city of Danbury enjoys both proximity to New York City culture and access to a wide array of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, fishing and boating in state and regional parks and preserves.
- H-1B Visa sponsorship may be available for this great opportunity to join a team with a small community hospital feel in a collegial work environment while being able to work closely with different specialties.
- New Milford Hospital is an 85-bed community hospital, serving the residents of the greater Litchfield County area in CT for almost 100 years.
- Danbury Hospital has 371 beds and is a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 70,000 ED visits per year.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Danbury, CT.
- Western Connecticut Medical Group is seeking a Nocturnist/Adult Hospitalist for Danbury and New Milford Hospitals in Danbury and New Milford, CT about 70 miles northeast of New York City, and near the border of Westchester and Putnam Counties in New York State, to join our established and busy program.
- Danbury, Connecticut, located in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and on the border of New York State, is about 70 miles northeast of New York City and 60 miles west of Hartford, CT.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Surrounded by a number of quaint towns with scenic rolling hills, Danbury offers the convenience of contemporary urban life with the beauty of a country lifestyle.
- Our Emergency Department, newly renovated in 2015, is an 11,000-square-foot, sustainable and "green" space, equipped with all private patient rooms, specialty care areas and an expanded triage desk.
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including base salary plus quality incentives and allowances for CMEs and Dues and includes paid time off.
- New Milford Hospital has low acuity and lower volume, about 2 admissions per night and has an on.
- We have the ability to coordinate primary care and specialty care needs with the advanced diagnostic and treatment services available through our network of over 385 physicians and 3 member hospitals: Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, and Norwalk Hospital.
- Position is a Night schedule from 8 PM - 8 AM with two weekends per month and is an employed position with Western Connecticut Medical Group.
- Provide medical care to patients, assist them to recover from acute illnesses and minimize the effects of chronic illnesses.
This perm job opening was posted
6 weeks ago