Hospitalist Jobs in Connecticut
Tuesday · December 18, 2018
1 Job in The Constitution State
Photo: View of homes along the coastline of Westport Connecticut.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Danbury) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Job Summary: Provide medical care to inpatients, assist them to recover from acute illnesses and minimize the effects of chronic illnesses.
- As a teaching hospital, we are associated with the University of Vermont College of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Medicine and American University of the Caribbean.
- Our Medical Group includes 400+ physicians and 140+ advanced practice providers, serving a geographically broad region throughout Western Connecticut and eastern New York.
- Hospitalists are responsible for their patients day shifts Monday - Friday and one weekend in four (with 2 days comp to offset weekends).
- Danbury Hospital has 371 beds and is a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 70,000 ED visits per year.
- Willingness to work Day shift with one weekend in four (with 2 comp days to offset weekends).
- This philosophy calls for equal opportunities for employment, training, and advancement regardless of sex, race, creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including base salary plus quality incentives and allowances for CMEs and Dues expenses.
- Danbury Hospital is part of Western Connecticut Health Network, which also includes New Milford and Norwalk Hospitals as well as over 70 outpatient practice locations.
- This position is located at Danbury Hospital.
- About Us.
- Danbury Hospital, located in Danbury, CT, (Fairfield County), about 70 miles northeast of New York City, and near the border of Westchester and Putnam Counties in New York State, is seeking a full-time day hospitalist to join our established and busy program.
- Home to Western Connecticut State University, Danbury has abundant local historical, cultural, educational, and recreational attractions.
- Have successfully completed an Internal Medicine Residency and be Board Certified/Eligible.
- CT State License, CT Controlled Substance Registration and Federal DEA Registration.
- As part of the greater NY metropolitan area, the city of Danbury enjoys both proximity to New York City culture and access to a wide array of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, fishing and boating in state and regional parks and preserves.
- Surrounded by a number of quaint towns with scenic rolling hills, Danbury offers the convenience of contemporary urban life with the beauty of a country lifestyle.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Danbury, CT.
- Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers.
- Experience preferred but new grads are welcome.
- Danbury, Connecticut, located in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and on the border of New York State, is about 70 miles northeast of New York City and 60 miles west of Hartford, CT.
- There is potential for professional growth into a teaching position through the Faculty Development Program.
- This is an employed position with Western Connecticut Medical Group.
- Position is a non-teaching day schedule in a community based teaching hospital with one in four weekends and some evening/swing shifts but no overnights.
- Boston, New York City, New Haven and Hartford are easily accessible.
- Full-Time Hospitalist Opening (Days) - Danbury, Connecticut (70 miles from New York City).
- Established in 1885, Danbury Hospital is a not-for-profit community hospital providing Greater Danbury area resident's convenient access to exceptional care.
- We have a dedicated Nocturnist team.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Nov 21.